Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fun times!

The kids are at a really cute stage right now. We went through some rough times at first. Madeline had to get used to not only one but TWO little brothers. But right now, it is really fun! When she wakes up in the morning, the first thing she wants to do is run in and see the babies. When its their naptime she begs me not to put them down to sleep. She loves playing with them. Daniel and Ryan love all of the attention. She'll lay next to them and they grab on to her (and pull her hair sometimes) and laugh and laugh. If they are eating, she wants to eat. Maddie also has two dolls whose names are Daniel and Ryan, who she checks on and feeds and puts to sleep. For some reason everywhere we go (church, the park, in stores, basically everywhere) people tease her that they are going to take one of the babies. And boy does she let them know that that isn't going to happen. "No, they are MY two babies!" She is a very good big sister. Daniel and Ryan are well taken care of.
However, I am not sure how long this stage will last. Ask us again in a few months how things are going once the boys are crawling and walking. I have a feeling that I will be hearing a lot of, "Mom, they're touching my toys!" (I'll take any suggestions of how I can prepare for this next stage.)
So...I'll just enjoy this time while I can!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, what a cute scene! I feel kinda bad for Maddie. She's going to be tag-teamed with two boys for the rest of her life! haha. I hope her brothers are nice to her.

Trish and Matt said...

Love the picture. Such cute kids!

Our little guy started crawling a few weeks ago and it IS a whole new ball game (I type this as he attempts to unplug the computer).

One thing that works well for us is if Goose wants something Little Blue has, she has to get him a replacement toy. He doesn't care (yet) so it works like a charm. She actually enjoys finding safe toys for him to play with now.

Darci said...

Yeah enjoy it while you can:) It was actually the other way, M actually doesn't mind it is C that really is having a hard time sharing and she is the bully. Yeah younger sisters....