Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cheerios

Today Daniel and Ryan had an appointment with an audiologist to get their hearing checked. I was alone with the three kids, so I had come prepared with snacks. I had handed both of the boys a sandwich bag of Cheerios to eat while we waited. They had me bring Daniel in first to the sound proof room. She got him situated the way she wanted him on my lap. (He had to be in the center of my lap where he could turn to the left or the right depending on which speaker the sound was coming out of). He was still holding the bag of Cheerios. As she walked out, she said, "Please try not to drop any of the Cheerios on the floor. We've had some problems with bugs in the past, and we don't want to have them again." Oh great, I thought. So I was trying to hold the bag as he was eating. I would have taken it away, but it was keeping him happy and cooperative. After a couple of minutes, he tried to get off my lap. I pulled him back on. He tried again. I pulled him back up. Then he got mad and threw the bag! Cheerios went flying everywhere!!! So... I didn't even want to look at the lady's face.
Luckily, Maddie was there and helped me pick them up. The audiologist came in to help also and I held Daniel up so that he wouldn't step on any of them. I think we made it out with a clean floor. Then it was Ryan's turn...Don't worry, I took his bag away from him before we went in!

5 comments:

Adam W. said...

Love to hear these stories! Isn't it great how kids keep us humble?

Trish and Matt said...

WE don't go anywhere without snacks! Snacks make the toddler world go round.

Did the hearing tests come out ok?

Leslie said...

Great story! :) Good thing you had Maddie to help! What a good big sister!

J & TK said...

M&M remember when we called you that. I know you have not hear from me in well years and years. Your kids are sooo cute. Looks, and sounds like you are a wonderful mother. -Traci (martin) Spratt

Monica said...

I love to hear about other people's crazy "adventures"- it makes me feel normal! It must be so nice to have an older girl in the family! They are all so cute.