Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Maddie



I love my Maddie! She brings us so much joy! She definitely keeps me on my toes. Here are some of her latest:


When we are putting on sunscreen before we go outside, she always wants to put on the "SCUMSCREAM" herself.

************


For the past couple of days she has been asking for a sister. Yesterday she came up with a quick way to get one. "We could just take one from another family." Any one have an extra sister available?

*********

Maddie was telling me that she had a bad dream about a man taking her away from me.
ME: I won't let anyone take you away from me.
MADDIE: Why?
ME: Because I love you and I want you to stay with me.
MADDIE: And because I take good care of my brothers?

**************

Almost every day we go to the park and throw water balloons. Jorge Luis sells little 50 cent bags of them at his store. Whenever we run out, he brings some home for Maddie. While we fill them up at the park, other kids gather around and want to have some of the balloons. Maddie is really good at sharing. She proudly tells the other kids, "My Daddy brings me these water balloons. He thinks I'm special."

**********
This conversation happens daily:
Phone rings.
I answer.
Maddie comes running. "I want to talk!"
After bugging me for a few minutes, I finally decide to let her talk (if it is someone that she knows).
I pass her the phone.
Maddie: Who is it?


*********************

At a recent trip to the dentist, he had a talk with Maddie about not eating too much candy. A few days later we were at the store. I went to put a bag of chocolate in the cart, but Maddie stopped me. "Mom, if you get candy and bring it home then I will want to eat it." I wish that you could have seen her face while she said this!


**********

Last Tuesday we went to the zoo. On Monday we had two doctor appointments. I think Maddie announced to every single doctor, nurse, patient, random person in the elevator that we were "going to the zoo tomorrow." She gets so excited!

************

Speaking of getting excited... Today she was invited to a princess birthday party for this Saturday. She spent the entire afternoon wrapping up presents (a.k.a. her toys) in wrapping paper (Christmas wrapping paper...that's all we have) and masking tape. She has asked me MANY times, "How many more days until the party?" And tonight I put her to bed and she wanted to sleep with the invitation.

2 comments:

Monica said...

What a fun personality. It sounds like she keeps you entertained and on your toes! If you find out where you can get Madi a sister, let me know. We are in the market for one of those too!

Leslie said...

Emily, these are so sweet! I'm so glad you shared. Maddie is darling!