A few weeks ago we were at IKEA and we found some cute little potties that they boys could use.....eventually. I put them in the bathroom with NO intention of starting to potty train. I put them there to just give them an idea of what was to come. A few days later at bath time I started asking them if they wanted to try using them. Daniel tried it the first time. He went and I jumped up and down, screamed and did a dance. He was pretty excited too. But that was the end of that. He didn't want anything to do with it after that day.
Ryan on the other hand didn't want to try the first day. However after a few days of me asking before they took their bath, he tried and he went. And I did another screaming, high fiving, victory dance. After that Ryan was hooked. Every night at bath time he would go pee pee in the potty. I thought, well, this is good for a while. He's getting experience.
So then about three days ago, they both decided they loved it. When we are home (which has been pretty much the last three days since Maddie has been sick) they want their diapers off the entire day. They go pee pee in the potty constantly. I mean that literally. When they have to go they go about ten times in a row. I think they just like to see the victory dance, so they only let it out a little at a time.
Then if I am not in the bathroom at the moment, they grab the potty and go running through the house (pee sloshing out of the potty) until they find me to show me. They are pretty good at it. In the past three days I have only had to clean up one mess. Daniel insists on standing while he goes. Yesterday Ryan even went #2 without me even saying anything to him. He just went and did his thing. Each time they go they stand up and yell, "More pee pee!"
Needless to say...I don't know how I feel about this. Are they really ready? Am I really ready?
P.S. Apparently Dora is being potty trained as well.
3 comments:
Ok, that is amazing! As a mother of 2 boys who didn't even come close to successful potty training until they were almost 4 I am sending you a HUGE high five. Way to go with the cheering on, keeping it positive and fun is the way to do it.
YEAH BOYS!!!! I hope it sticks and potty training is a breeze for you!
I understand your hesitancy. Blue has started telling me when he goes potty; part of me wants to rush him to the toilet and get him going, but another part of me doesn't even want to go there.
I started trying with Goose around 2 and 5 months and it was a nightmare. Then, at 2 and 8 months she got it over a long weekend. For now I'm resisting the urge -- no pun intended. I just don't think I'm ready to buckle down and focus on it.
Your boys sound pretty ready, so I say that if you're ready, go for it!!
Post a Comment