Friday, March 12, 2010

Maddie is 6



The only thing that Maddie wanted for her 6th birthday was a surprise party!!
Usually she plans her party for months ahead.  But this year she didn't want to have any part in it.
So.....we had a surprise party! 



She spent the afternoon at a friend's house while we decorated.  When the guests arrived, I had them all sign a shirt for her.

I still can't believe that I have a 6 yr. old.  She keeps reminding me, "Only two more birthdays until I get baptized." 
Some things I want to remember about my 6 yr. old Maddie:
-she is FULL of life
-every moment of every day her mind is working full speed
-she has so many ideas and inventions
-she is always trying to find ways to make money
-she LOVES with all of her heart (her family, her friends, and life in general)
-she is very generous
-she does not like to go to bed at night (and often spends hours thinking and planning before falling asleep at night)
-she loves gymnastics (has been taking classes at the Little Gym) and is very good at it
-she is learning to read
-she loves math
-depending on the setting can be very outgoing or extremely shy
-loves her cousins, especially her buddy Spencer (in fact at Christmas time they decided they would get married when they are 15)
-has discovered the phone (loves to call her daddy at work)
-loves her Daddy, and boy is she ever a Daddy's girl, she has him wrapped around all of her fingers
-she is a great big sister
-got a camera for her birthday and has taken over 1000 pictures already
-is learning to master the monkey bars
-she is very girly, loves dresses, make up, lipstick, etc.
-makes sure she reads her scriptures at night
-still loves Disney princesses
-loves pink
-loves holidays
-if she is looking forward to something, she really can't fall asleep at night or she wakes up at 3 am and can't go back to sleep
-is a great leader
-has great faith

I love her so much and feel so blessed to be her mother.  She has so much potential.  I won't be surprised if she invents a cure for cancer someday.  She is amazing and a great example to me.

4 comments:

Brock and Kate said...

much better! now i can tell you how much i love your blog!!!

cellomom5 said...

Ok, you made me cry! Good thing you are bringing that cute girl down here to us this week. Spencer and Emma are here and I just read your blog out loud to them and Dad. Spencer was very pleased to have been mentioned :o)

Lindsey said...

6!!
Maddie is 6!!
Wow... We must not see you guys enough... But hey- Steve's sister and her family are moving to Cortland, NY in May, so we'll have 2 people pulling us there...

Amy said...

Emily, Maddie is so cute and getting so grown up. Reading about her party was so much fun. It sounds like you made her happy. I love reading your list about her - It helps me get to know her better!