Sunday, October 3, 2010

I don't want to forget......

Just wanted to write down some things the kids have said lately that made my heart smile!!!


Tonight at dinner:   
    Me:  So, what did you all learn from General Conference today?

    Daniel (in all seriousness):.................ummmm.......just eat candy.

    Maddie:  I learned that we need to be obedient to return to live with Heavenly Father.

    Ryan: ............uh........... everything!


Tonight while scratching Maddie's back at bedtime:

    Maddie (with a huge smile on her face):  Mom, I can't wait until next General Conference!



Last week driving home from church:

   We were having a discussion about how everyone had behaved at church. 
   Maddie:  I was reverent, wasn't I Mom?

   Me (remembering some not so reverent moments):  Well, you and I need to have a talk when we get home.

   (A few moments later) Maddie:  It's OK Mom, I just remembered.  We don't need to have a talk later.


Sometime in the past few months:

Daniel (after a conversation about his birth): Mom, who caught me when I fell out of heaven?

**********************************************************************

Ryan:  I wish our house was in the middle.  And Grandma's house on the right and Spencer's house on the left.


                    

4 comments:

Adam W. said...

Awesome quotes!

We wish we were living next to Ryan too!

Amy said...

Oh, I love the quotes! Maddie: "I just remembered we don't have to have a talk later." Too funny.

Wouldn't it be great if we lived right "in the middle" of our dear families? Maybe not next door, but...closer would be great! ;)

Cher said...

Cute Emily! Love the fall out of heaven one.
Hope you don't mind me spying on your blog. It's been a long time since we've seen each other. what a cute family you have!
cher (braithwaite) oliver

Marie W said...

We wish that too, Ryan.