Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sweet Girl

While I was getting dinner ready tonight, the kids were playing in their room.  Next thing I know, I hear screaming and crying.  Daniel had bumped his lip on his bed and it was bleeding.   I held him and cleaned him up.  He went to lay on the couch while I went back to finishing dinner.  Maddie then took it upon herself to take care of him.

Over the course of the next half hour, I heard these comments from Maddie:

*She was over next to him by the couch, talking to him sweetly, she got him a bag of ice to put on his lip and was asking him if he needed anything.
Me: "Thank you Maddie. You are taking such good care of your brother."
Maddie: "Well, that's what a sister has got to do!"

*A few minutes later:
Maddie:  "Mom, I just went in my room and said a prayer for Daniel's lip to get better."

*In the kitchen a few more minutes later:
(I could hear her in the living room asking Daniel if he wanted a drink of water.  She walked into the kitchen).
Maddie:  "Daniel wants a drink of water."
(I went to grab a glass.)
Maddie: "I can handle it."  (She grabs the glass and gets him a drink).

*At the dinner table:
(Ryan and Daniel were laughing and playing)
Maddie:  "Ryan, please don't bother Daniel.  His lip is hurting."


Oh how I love my Maddie!

6 comments:

Adam W. said...

=)

Brock and Kate said...

oh how I love your Maddie too! so cute!

cellomom5 said...

Sweet girl! She is your clone :o)

Martie said...

Your Maddie sounds like my Delany! How sweet. Sounds like someone has been setting a great example to her, Momma!

Martie

Martie said...

I have an award for you on my blog! COme and get it!

Martie said...

Hi! Hey, where did you get that clickable temple with the "I Belong to the Church..." on it? I can never seem to find one for my blog.