Friday, May 25, 2007

Beautiful Curly Hair

When Maddie was born she had a head full of hair. For her first year of life it was pretty straight........unless it was wet...when it would curl into tiny ringlets. After she turned a year old, it started to get longer and curling more. Now, three years later, she has a full head of VERY curly beautiful hair. You can't tell but it is actually pretty long. When it is wet and combed out, it reaches halfway down her back. It got to a point though, that it was so curly, the back would tangle so much that it would take me forever to get all of the tangles out. I tried a few different hair products. None of the kid "detanglers" did anything. So, most days I would give up. Until we discovered....the hair cut! Maddie loved getting her hair cut. I was very surprised that she sat so still. The picture is actually of her second hair cut (but the first one happened in the same kitchen, by the same person, only a few months before). After the haircut it was SO much easier to comb her hair. Now I know that when the back starts to tangle too much it is time for a new haircut! Besides the fact that it is hard to deal with....I LOVE HER HAIR! It is so cute and fits her just right.
Daniel and Ryan were born with quite a bit of hair. They lost most of it in their first few months, but now it is coming back. It has been pretty straight so far, but the last few days when it has gotten hotter and more humid....they are starting to get little curls. So cute!!!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Maddie you are so cute! Maybe you could call your friend, Jane and talk to her about how FUN haircuts are!? We're having a hard time convincing her. Jane's got the opposite problem -- hers is straight as a stick, and static-y(?)

Darci said...

Hey girlie. My sister in law uses a Pantene Product in her daughters hair. She is half black and has the really curly hair and it works wonders. If you want I can ask her what it is.

KW said...

oh wow that is the cutest picture ever!
i love my little sneeker!