When we were at the park the other day, Maddie saw some kids with water balloons. So the next time we were at the store we got some. Water balloons have become a favorite now!! The past two days we have gone to the park and filled up water balloons. She doesn't throw them at anyone. She just likes to throw them on the ground. Most times they don't pop on the first throw. She usually has to throw them a few times until they pop. She really surprises me sometimes. She has no fear. Today I gave her a dollar when we got into the store. She walked right up to the counter (which is very tall), stood on her tiptoes, held the dollar up as high as she could and said "Can I have some water balloons please?" Of course the man didn't hear her and he couldn't see her. But luckily there were some very nice people standing nearby that made sure the man helped her out. She was so excited! And it only got better. Each bag of water balloons cost 50 cents, so the man gave her two bags!!!! I was always so shy growing up. It just amazes me that at 3 years old, she has no problem buying her own water balloons.
We live on the second floor of our apartment building. We have an elevator. This is a great blessing because I would never be able to leave the house with all three kids if I didn't have a way to get downstairs. The only problem is that the elevator gets us to the ground floor, but then there are two sets of stairs to get to the street level (one set of three stairs and the other of four). I can get out of the building by myself because I can turn the stroller backwards and slowly lower it down the stairs. But I can't get back into the building by myself. I can't lift the stroller with the two boys in it. I figure that with the two boys (23 pounds each) plus the weight of the stroller plus the diaper bag and anything that I have bought on our trip outside, the entire weight is probably pushing at least 60-75 lbs. So in order to get back into the building I usually have to ask a total stranger to help me lift the stroller up the stairs. I tend to wait for someone who looks like they would be willing to help or is strong enough to help. However lately, Maddie has taken it upon herself to get me some help. As soon as she sees someone getting close, she yells out " Can you help us please,?" or (pointing at me) "She needs help!"
Most people have laughed and come right over to help. What would I do without her?
That reminds me....Last week I had to take Ryan into the doctor. He had a very high fever (we later found out he had a virus and ear infection). When the doctor walked in, Maddie took it upon herself to tell the doctor what was wrong:
Maddie: "Ryan has a fever."
Dr.Grant: "He does? How long has he had it?"
Maddie: "since last night."
Dr. Grant: "Well, we better check him out."
Dr. Grant then looks at me, and I say, "Next time I won't come. I will just send the babies with Maddie."
It is so fun to see her growing up. Even though I want her to stay little forever!!!!
2 comments:
Jane got introduced to water balloons a few weeks ago also. It's funny...she did the exact same thing. Threw them right to the ground! I said, "Go throw one at Uncle Tim!" She looked at me like, "Why in the heck would I do THAT?" and continued throwing them on the ground. She's nowhere near buying her own, though...haha
What cute little angels! I loved the story about the doctor. Kids think they know it all, don't they?
Post a Comment