Tuesday, December 23, 2008

HO HO HO Kee Boom?

I hear this question at least 20 times a day.

Translation.....

If you remember, Lightening McQueen is famous around here. We used to have a lot of "Kee Booms" around here. (Kee=McQueen and Boom= Car)
Somehow they have all disappeared. I know they are here somewhere! (At least I think they are. The other day I saw Ryan throw one in the garbage can. So maybe we have slowly but surely been throwing them away.)
A couple of weeks ago we couldn't find any of the cars. The boys always like to take at least one of their cars to bed with them. Daniel was whimpering for his "Kee Boom." So I said, "Daniel, why don't we ask Santa to bring you a new Lightening McQueen." I was surprised at how quickly this cheered him up. He asked, "Ho Ho Ho, Kee Boom?" (Ho Ho Ho=Santa and anything and everything that has to do with Christmas) I answered, "Yes, we'll ask Santa to bring you a new Lightening McQueen car." I thought that he would forget about that conversation.

Like I said at the beginning, he comes up to me at least 20 times a day and asks, "Mommy, Ho Ho Ho Kee Boom? And I reassure him once again, "Yes Daniel, Santa is going to bring you a Lightening McQueen car." Sometimes he asks if Santa is going to bring Ryan a car as well. "Didi, Ho HO HO Kee Boom? (DiDi=Ryan) And he even asks if Maddie is going to get one as well. "Yaya, Ho HO HO Kee Boom?" (Yaya=Maddie)

Sometimes we have found one of the cars and Daniel is quick to pass it on Ryan. He says, "Ho Ho HO Kee Boom," as if to say, "Don't worry I will be getting a new one from Santa."

He must think about it a lot. It is sometimes the first thing he says when he wakes up, when we are eating at the table, taking a bath, walking outside, and then before he goes to bed.

2 more days until Christmas!

4 comments:

Adam W. said...

Keep these stories coming! I love the different uses of "Kee Boom".

Amy said...

If you ever lose a Kee Boom again, let us know. For some reason, we have accumulated about four of them! I'd be happy to send one to you. Have a wonderful Christmas, Emily and family!

Garity said...

I've learned very quickly that kids don't forget what you tell them. Your story though is by far the best because of the included vocabulary! Jamison just watched "Cars" for the first time a few days ago and I couldn't believe he sat through the entire movie without moving...am I in for it because the whole time I was thinking about your boys and their passion for it! LOL!

Trish and Matt said...

Good thing you've got a close relationship with Santa and can make sure he keeps his promises!!