Yesterday the kids had the day off from school. We decided to head to the New York Aquarium. They love it and we had a fun time. At one point we were looking at some seahorses. Next to them we found some Bay pipefish. I pointed out that these fish could camouflage themselves because they look so much like the seaweed that they live in.
Ryan looked at me and said, "Hey, I know how we can be camouflaged! We be twins and we wear the same clothes!"
I had to write that down. I don't ever want to forget it!
Later we were near the shark tank. It had some big sea turtles in it. One of the turtles got pretty close to us. As it was swimming by, Ryan yells out, "That's a girl turtle!" I asked, "How do you know?"
But then I started to panic. Why did I just ask that question? There were a bunch of people around and I had NO idea how he would respond!
He said, "Because she has beautiful eyes." I looked at the lady next to me and we both did a collective, "Ohhhhhhh."
3 comments:
Cute, cute kids Emily!
that sea turtle story had me CRACKING UP. your kids are so dang cute.
Those kids. I can't wait to see them next week!
Post a Comment