Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The mind of a 6 yr. old

Bedtime seems to be the time of day that the kids really open up to me.  As I scratch their backs, they have lots of questions or tell me more details of their day at school. 

Tonight after family prayer, I sat next to Daniel and begin scratching his back.   He started asking questions : "Why do we close our eyes when we pray? Why do we pray?  Can Heavenly Father really hear us?  How can he hear all of us?" 

As I tried to answer his questions, we got on the topic of how Heavenly Father knows our thoughts.

Daniel: "You mean Heavenly Father always knows what we are thinking?"
Me: "Yes."
Daniel: (as a smile spreads across his face) "Oops!"

I have been giggling about that conversation ever since. 




5 comments:

cellomom5 said...

Oh Daniel. You're just awesome.

Laura Beth said...

Holy cow that kid makes me laugh.

Brock and Kate said...

hilarious! oops is right!!

BOOPSIE said...

I love it! Can't wait to reunite at this year's Chocolate Days!!!

Monica said...

I've been thinking about you a lot lately for some reason! I miss you and hope you are doing well. Your kids are so cute!!