Monday, October 29, 2007

The Yankees Lost

Around here there is a lot of talk about the New York Yankees. Jorge Luis is one of their biggest fans. I think some of Maddie's first words were, "Go Yankees!" She will sit with him and watch the games and cheer right along with him. This season the Yankees made it into the playoffs, but were eliminated in the first round. So of course Maddie heard the news that the Yankees lost. A few days later we had the following conversation:

Maddie: "Mommy, the Yankees lost?"
Me: "Yes, they did."
Maddie: "Its OK, we'll find them."
Me: (realizing what she said and trying not to laugh)
Maddie: "When Daddy gets home, we'll go find them."

What a sweetie!! I love her so much!

4 comments:

Marie W said...

What a cute story! We are going through "Pascual withdrawal" down here...can't wait 'til Thanksgiving!

Amy said...

Oh, that is adorable! I'm still laughing aloud. What a darling. Oh, and I'm sorry the Yankees are lost. I hope you are successful in your search to find them.

Trish and Matt said...

Hilarious! Can I use that in my LDL column?

Darci said...

Kyras husband is a huge Yankees fan. That is so funny!!!