Maddie turned 4 on Saturday! She was sooooo excited. She has been wanting to turn 4 for a LONG time. Last fall she would sit on the steps of my parents house waiting for the school bus to pick her up (at 5:30 p.m.). She can't wait to go to school. Of course she wanted a princess party. So we had one! And it was really fun!
When the guests arrived, the girls got to put make-up (or "ake-up" as Maddie calls it) on eachother. The boys hit balloons around. Daniel and Ryan loved that!! Then we played games, had a pinata, ate pizza, played more games, had cake and ice cream and opened presents. I was worried. Maddie hadn't slept very much in the days leading up to her birthday (she was too excited to go to sleep!) and I was afraid there would be some melt-downs. But there weren't! Maddie was blisfully happy the entire party. She loved every minute of it! I can't believe she is four!!! She is such a blessing in my life. I love her more and more each day!
When my brother called to wish her Happy Birthday that night I called her over to talk to him on the phone. I said, "Maddie, Uncle Peter wants to wish you a Happy Birthday. Come talk to him!" She said, "My birthday is over!" Apparently if you call AFTER the party is over, you missed the birthday!
5 comments:
4... wow. It doesn't seem like that long ago that we were carpooling with her...
So fun! Thanks for sharing all the details. I think we'll be having a 4-year-old princess party come fall, so I'll be calling you for advice. :)
Happy birthday Maddie!!! So glad she had a good day!!
She is so cute Emily! And so big! It looks like she had a fun party.
I love your blog Emily! It is so neat to read about everyone's growing families. A Princess Party...I'm jealous.
Post a Comment